Southampton Hasler 2022
- Divisions 1, 2 & 3 singles and 2 & 3 Doubles 12 miles.
- Division 4, 5 & 6 singles and 4, 5 & 6 doubles 8 miles
- Divisions 7, 8, & 9 singles and 7, 8 & 9 doubles 4 miles
- Geoff Sanders singles (A, B & C) and doubles (K2 and mini K2), 2 miles
See Course Map on web site there will be no portage and the race will be run using laps.
Maps and briefing notes are on our website and will be on site on the day.
10:00 Check in opens for team leaders only
11:00 briefing for 12:00 starts
12:00 Starts for Divisions 7-9, Geoff Sanders K1 races
12:30 briefing for 13:30 starts
- Seniors: £15 per seat per race
- Juniors: £10 per seat per race
- Geoff Sanders races: £5
All entries and payment via the Race Entries system.
Deadline 9.30pm 15th July.There are no entries on the day.
Entrants must be members of British Canoeing. BC day tickets may be purchased for divisions 7-9 only (£5).
Any problems / changes to entries, please email email@example.com
Entry fees include light refreshments for competitors directly after their race. We won't be selling food but https://www.woodmillcoffeekitchen.co.uk/ is a 10 min walk from the site and on the way to the park for people wishing to spectate.
Notes to Competitors
- Buoyancy aids are compulsory for all Geoff Sanders competitors, as well as division 7, 8 and 9 paddlers whether they are racing in those divisions or higher divisions.
- Team leaders should decide if paddlers under 16 years of age in higher divisions should wear a buoyancy aid.
- The race organiser has the final say on who has to wear a buoyancy aid.
- Team Leaders are responsible for ensuring that paddlers are properly equipped having taken into account the paddler’s health, fitness, capability, the course, the prevailing conditions and other risks associated with this race.
- The race will be run in accordance with British Canoeing's Marathon Racing Committee rules.
- Vertical number plates will be provided.
- It is likely that paddlers will encounter other craft on the river. Rules of the river must be observed when racing – keep right.
- Competitors must render their boats sufficiently buoyant to remain afloat and to support the crew in rough water in the event of capsize. No boat will be deemed to be sufficiently buoyant purely as a result of its construction (e.g. vac bagged/ sandwich or other construction) to fulfil this requirement, additional buoyancy will be required in the form of foam, air bags and/or sealed bulkheads.
- All paddlers are required to render assistance to other competitors in distress.
- During the course of a competition any Items discarded by a competitor anywhere other than in a proper bin, must be recovered by the athlete, their support crew or coach immediately. It is the athlete’s responsibility to ensure that this has happened. An event official witnessing non-compliance with this rule shall report the infringement to the race organiser and the offending competitor will be disqualified from the competition.
- If you need to appeal/ lodge a complaint on the day they must be put in writing within 30 minutes of completing your race to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the issue.
- Please refer to the website for the child protection policy
- Southampton Canoe Club and its nominated officials cannot be held responsible for any loss of life, injury or damage to equipment however caused.
- You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.
- Hasler Divisional Races
- Division 2 Singles
- Division 3 Singles
- Division 4 Singles
- Division 5 Singles
- Division 6 Singles
- Division 7 Singles
- Division 8 Singles
- Division 9 Singles
- Division 1 Singles
- Division 2 Doubles
- Division 3 Doubles
- Division 4 Doubles
- Division 5 Doubles
- Division 6 Doubles
- Division 7 Doubles
- Division 8 Doubles
- Division 9 Doubles
- Geoff Sanders Series K1 Races
- Geoff Sanders Division A
- Geoff Sanders Division B
- Geoff Sanders Division C
- Geoff Sanders Series K2 Races
- Geoff Sanders K2 Open
- Geoff Sanders K2 Mini
Entries are currently open
- Entries open
- 22 Jun 2022, midnight
- Entries close
- 15 Jul 2022, 9:30 p.m.
This race takes advance payment
- Senior paddler
- £ 15.00
- Junior paddler
- £ 10.00
- Geoff Sanders Series paddler
- £ 5.00
- Geoff Sanders Series paddler
- £ 5.00