Reading Circuit 2023
- Race Date
- 28 May 2023
- Race Type
- Hasler Race
- Organising Club
- Reading CC
- Brian Greenham
- Thames Side Promenade, Reading, RG1 8BY, United Kingdom
The Warren, Caversham, Berkshire, RG4 7TH
Telephone: 0118 947 7643
READING CIRCUIT RACE
Sunday 28th May 2023
VENUE Thameside Promenade, Reading, south bank of the Thames, upstream
of Caversham Bridge. Follow signs to Reading town centre, then signs for
Caversham. Canoe Race signs will be seen near Caversham Bridge.
Please note: no parking available at RCC.
Hasler points will be awarded in accordance with BC rules (except lightning class).
Div 7, 8, 9,10
Div 4, 5, 6
Seniors £10.00, Juniors £8.00 per seat.
Lightning/Hody £5.00(fee covers both races)
Late entries will be charged an extra £3.00 per seat.
Team leaders only to check in and make late changes.
10.00hrs Briefing 7-10
10.30hrs Starts Divs. 7-9 & Lightning
11.30hrs Briefing 1-6
12.00hrs Starts Divs. 1-6 & Hody
15.30hrs (approx.) Prize Giving
COMPETITORS SHOULD NOTE THE FOLOWING:
Please make sure that you indicate clearly the category you are competing in as well as the division.
Juniors must be aged under 18 of the race year.
Veterans must be aged over 35 of the race year.
1. Buoyancy aids are compulsory for all Lightnings, Hodys as well as division 7, 8 and 9 paddlers whether they are racing in those divisions or higher divisions.
2. Team leaders should decide if paddlers under 16 years of age in higher divisions should wear a buoyancy aid.
3. The race organiser has the final say on who has to wear a buoyancy aid
4. Team Leaders are responsible for ensuring that paddlers are properly equipped having taken into account the paddler’s health, fitness, capability, the course, the prevailing conditions and other risks associated with this race.
5. The race will be run in accordance with the rules in the Canoe Racing Handbook 2023
6. Vertical number plates will be provided, £5:00 charge for lost numbers.
7. It is likely that paddlers will encounter other craft on the river. Rules of the river must be observed when racing – keep right.
8. All pre-entries must be received by 23:00 Thursday before the race. After this date a late entry fee will be levied.
9. BC numbers must be with entry.
10. Competitors must render their boats sufficiently buoyant to remain afloat and to support the crew in rough water in the event of capsize. No boat will be deemed to be sufficiently buoyant purely as a result of its construction (e.g. vac bagged/ sandwich or other construction) to fulfil this requirement, additional buoyancy will be required in the form of foam, air bags and/or sealed bulkheads.
11 During the course of a competition any Items discarded by a competitor anywhere other than in a proper bin, must be recovered by the athlete, their support crew or coach immediately. It is the athlete’s responsibility to ensure that this has happened.
An event official witnessing non-compliance with this rule shall report the infringement to the race organiser and the offending competitor will be disqualified from the competition.
12 Paddlers wishing to be exempt from portage due to medical reason must be made a week in advance.
13 Reading Canoe Club and its nominated officials cannot be held responsible for any loss of life, injury or damage to equipment however caused.
14 You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.
Reading Circuit Race Organiser
c/o Reading Canoe Club
Results will be posted on our web site at: www.reading-canoe.org.uk
- Hasler Division 1 Doubles Race
- Division 1 Doubles
- Geoff Sanders Series K1 Races
- Geoff Sanders Division A
- Geoff Sanders Division B
- Geoff Sanders Division C
- Geoff Sanders Series K2 Races
- Geoff Sanders K2 Open
- Geoff Sanders K2 Mini
- Hasler Divisional Races
- Division 1 Singles
- Division 2 Singles
- Division 3 Singles
- Division 4 Singles
- Division 5 Singles
- Division 6 Singles
- Division 7 Singles
- Division 8 Singles
- Division 9 Singles
- Division 2 Doubles
- Division 3 Doubles
- Division 7 Doubles
- Division 8 Doubles
- Division 9 Doubles
- Division 4 Doubles
- Division 5 Doubles
- Division 6 Doubles
Entries are currently closed
- Entries open
- 15 May 2023, midnight
- Late entries
- 26 May 2023, 10 p.m.
- Entries close
- 28 May 2023, 10:30 a.m.