Reading Circuit 2021
- Race Date
- 30 May 2021
- Race Type
- Hasler Race
- Organising Club
- Reading CC
- Amber Owen
- Thameside Promenade, Reading, south bank of the Thames, upstream of Caversham Bridge. Follow signs to Reading town centre, then signs for Caversham. Canoe Race signs will be seen near Caversham Bridge. Please note: no parking available at RCC.
READING CIRCUIT RACE
Sunday 30th May 2021
VENUE Thameside Promenade, Reading, south bank of the Thames, upstream
of Caversham Bridge. Follow signs to Reading town centre, then signs for
Caversham. Canoe Race signs will be seen near Caversham Bridge.
Please note: no parking available at RCC.
.The MRC has suspended inter-club points for the 2020-21 season, and if the 2021 Hasler Final takes place this will be done with alternative arrangements to the usual club and paddler qualification rules.
Seniors £10.00, Juniors £8.00 per seat.
Geof Sander Class (GS) £3.00(fee covers both races)
Please see details on rule change regarding Lightning change here.
Please use the Online entry system by Thursday 27th May
TIMES 09.00hrs Check-in, Team leader only.
10.30hrs Starts Div. 1 to 3 & GS K1
11.30hrs Start s Div 4 to 6
13:30hrs Starts Div. 7 to 9 & GS K2
Due to Covid restrictions changes will be made to the way we normally run this race.
The Area indicated below in red is regarded as the Field of Play (FOP), restrictions will apply in this area.
Blue is car park.
1 NHS track & trace QR code will be displayed around the FOP and all are encouraged to scan it.
2 Team leaders to supply a list of competitors phone numbers for track & trace.
These details will be retained for 21 days only.
3 Inside the FOP group size is restricted to 30. Please just arrive in time and stay in car par park until your race is called.
4 Limit will be set at 300 competitors.
5 There is no briefing, Briefing notes will be available on the club web site. http://reading-canoe.org.uk/reading-races/
Notice board in FOP.
Team leaders will be given a copy along with race numbers.
6 There will be no competitors food or refreshment available.
NB the kiosk behind the rowing club will be open.
7 Results will published online after the race is over. No prize giving.
8 Each race is limited to 30 entries on start line, so if more than 30 entries to a division, 2 starts will be used.
9 Please no spectators as we are not allowed to have then.
10 Priority will be given Southern region entries until Tuesday 25th May, after that other regions will be entered. Until limit is reached.
11 No late entries will be allowed. Crew changes will be allowed until midday Friday 28th May.
12 After your race, although we realise that you would like to socialise with others, please go home. Or stay out of FOP.
13 All protest need to be done online to firstname.lastname@example.org
14 Paddlers are to get only to get on the water when instructed and only use the rowing club landing stage to embark. Disembark on the club pontoon stage further upstream.
15 Please no car sharing.
16 Portages may or may not happen, A decision will will be made on the day.
17 Safety cover will be in place for the Lightning/Hoddy race. Coaching boat will be out on course for the Hasler race.
COMPETITORS SHOULD NOTE THE FOLOWING:
Please make sure that you indicate clearly the category you are competing in as well as the division.
Juniors must be aged under 18 of the race year.
Veterans must be aged over 35 of the race year.
1. Buoyancy aids are compulsory for all Lightnings, Hodys as well as division 7, 8, 9 and 10 paddlers whether they are racing in those divisions or higher divisions.
2. Team leaders should decide if paddlers under 16 years of age in higher divisions should wear a buoyancy aid.
3. The race organiser has the final say on who has to wear a buoyancy aid
4. Team Leaders are responsible for ensuring that paddlers are properly equipped having taken into account the paddler’s health, fitness, capability, the course, the prevailing conditions and other risks associated with this race.
5. The race will be run in accordance with the rules in the Canoe Racing Handbook 2021
6. Vertical number plates will be provided, £5:00 charge for lost numbers.
7. It is likely that paddlers will encounter other craft on the river. Rules of the river must be observed when racing – keep right.
8. All entries must be received by 12:00 noon Thursday before the race.
9. BC numbers must be with entry.
10. Competitors must render their boats sufficiently buoyant to remain afloat and to support the crew in rough water in the event of capsize. No boat will be deemed to be sufficiently buoyant purely as a result of its construction (e.g. vac bagged/ sandwich or other construction) to fulfil this requirement, additional buoyancy will be required in the form of foam, air bags and/or sealed bulkheads.
11 During the course of a competition any Items discarded by a competitor anywhere other than in a proper bin, must be recovered by the athlete, their support crew or coach immediately. It is the athlete’s responsibility to ensure that this has happened.
An event official witnessing non-compliance with this rule shall report the infringement to the race organiser and the offending competitor will be disqualified from the competition.
12 Paddlers wishing to be exempt from portage due to medical reason must be made a week in advance.
13 Reading Canoe Club and its nominated officials cannot be held responsible for any loss of life, injury or damage to equipment however caused.
14 You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.
- Hasler Divisional Races
- Geoff Sanders U14 K1 Races
- Geoff Sanders U14 K2 Races
Entries are currently closed
- Entries open
- 8 May 2021, midnight
- Entries close
- 27 May 2021, 11:59 p.m.