Manvers Hasler Event 3rd October 2021
- Race Date
- 3 Oct 2021
- Race Type
- Hasler Race
- Organising Club
- Manvers Waterfront Boat Club
- Ian Tomlinson
- Manvers Waterfront Boat Club Café, Rotherham, England S63 7DG, United Kingdom
Manvers Hasler Race Brief – 3rd October 2021
Manvers Waterfront Boat Club Ltd
The Boathouse, Station Road
South Yorkshire S63 7DG
This is the first official Hasler Event at Manvers WBC and we are looking forward to seeing both our local clubs as well as any paddlers from outside our region. Our trial event earlier this summer was a huge success and was fantastic event for both spectators and paddlers. You are all welcome.
SO PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!
The race will be on Manvers Lake, our Club/Boat house is next to the lake with toilet facilities, Café and Parking. There will be extra parking on the Beach for easy access on the day. Please be aware of others when parking and any COVID requirements on site.
Manvers web link for more information- https://www.mwbc.org.uk/#/
The Hasler course will be a Clockwise Route around the Lake with Inclusive Portage for Divisions 1–6. Portage twice (Beach Portage) in the location indicated on the Hasler route map. Both Route map and portage information will be available outside the club house on the day.
SINGLES - Divisions 1,2,3 (12miles), Divisions 4,5,6 (8miles) Divisions 7,8,9, (4miles)
Geoff Sanders Trophy U14 (2miles) A, B, C - This is only 2 laps of the course and there will be an additional FUN class where any craft permitted for U14 & Adult/Parent.
DOUBLES - Divisions 2, 3,(12 miles) Divisions 4,5,6 (8 miles) Divisions 7, 8, 9 (4 miles)
FUN RACE – In the spirit of fun and to expose new paddlers to racing and the Hasler format we will be including a race that Includes SUP, Open Boat -if not racing in Hasler divisions, GRP, slalom or sit on top type craft. NOTE: ENTRY TO THIS RACE IS VIA MANVERS WEBCOLLECT ONLY. see below.
Classes may be merged if there are insufficient entries for that class/division.
Hasler divisions to be run in accordance with current BC Marathon Rules.
- All competitors in division 7,8,9, U14 (Geoff Sanders Trophy Class) and FUN RACE must wear approved buoyancy aids. Those in Division 1-6 are recommended to but may choose not to do so at their own risk.
- Canoeing and Kayaking are ‘Assumed risk’- ‘Water contact sports’ that may carry attendant risks. Participants should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own action and involvement.
- Some Number Boards will be provided to be displayed vertically. We are limited on these at the moment, so please bring your own If you have one. Bibs will be provided for the U14 and Fun Race if needed.
- All paddlers must wear club colours to score Hasler points.
- Please inform the race organisers prior to the race start of any medical condition that may affect any paddler’s performance or put them at extra risk.
- Competitors must render their craft sufficiently buoyant to remain afloat and support the crew’s weight in the event of a capsize
Check In will open from 9.30am.
Check In will close one hour before each race starts.
Start Divisions 7 to 9 11.00
Start Geoff Sanders U14 and Fun Paddlers 12.15
Start Divisions 1 to 6 13.00
These times may change before the event so please keep looking back for updates.
ENTRY FEES (per seat)
Seniors £8, Juniors £6, GS U14 £4. Fun Race £4
Deadline for MRC entries will be 8PM 1st October.
We have limited Hazards but please be aware we have swans, a few overhanging trees but the route will be away from these hazards.
First 3 places in all classes with 4 or more entries, first 2 places for classes with 3 entries.
Prizes will also be awarded to GS U14 & Fun Paddler Race.
Juice and water will be provided free of charge for competitors after the event. Hot and cold food and drinks will be for sale for competitors and supporters from the onsite Café.
Please enter via British Canoeing MRC Race Entry System. https://entries.gbcanoemarathon.co.uk/entries
Direct payment is not available online via MRC Registration so please check-out without paying. You can then make payment vis Manvers WBC WebCollect page. https://webcollect.org.uk/mwbc
If you are not a BC Member or associated club member then for the Hasler Divisions, there will be a British Canoeing event fee of £5.00 payable as per rule 12b.
Online payment is preferred in advance to limit cash contact, but we will take payment on the day preferably via your team leader at sign on.
Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU, GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A GOOD RACE!
- Hasler Divisional Races
- Geoff Sanders U14 K1 Races
- Geoff Sanders U14 K2 Races
Entries are currently closed
- Entries open
- 10 Sep 2021, 8 a.m.
- Entries close
- 1 Oct 2021, 10:01 p.m.