- Race Date
- 26 Jun 2022
- Race Type
- Hasler Race
- Organising Club
- Falcon CC
- Jo Bates
- OX4 4BJ, Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Falcon Oxford Hasler
Sunday 26 June 2022
Important changes due to building works & COVID
We’re building a new boathouse which means we have much less space than normal. Please do NOT bring your boats from the carpark until you are ready to get on the water - there is no space to store them. After your race, please exit at the Sea Scouts and take your boat straight back to your car.
Falcon Boat Club, near Donnington Bridge, Oxford, OX4 4BJ
Car parking is at the 22nd Sea Scouts on Meadow Lane just north of Donnington Bridge Road i.e. turn right into Meadow Lane if coming from the A4158 Iffley Road side or turn left into Meadow Lane if coming from the A4144 Abingdon Road side.
- Divisions 1, 2 & 3 singles and 2 & 3 Doubles 12 miles, 2 portages
- Division 4, 5 & 6 singles and 4, 5 & 6 doubles 8 miles, 2 portages
- Divisions 7, 8, & 9 singles and 7, 8 & 9 doubles 4 miles, no portages
- Geoff Sanders singles (A, B & C) and doubles (K2 and mini K2), 2 miles, no portages
Maps and briefing notes are on our website and will be on site on the day.
09:00 Check in opens for team leaders only
10:00 briefing for 10:30 starts
10:30 Starts for Divisions 7-9, Geoff Sanders K1 races
12:00 briefing for 12:30/13:30 starts
12:30 Starts for Divisions 1-6
13:30 Starts for Geoff Sanders K2 races
- Seniors: £10 per seat per race (late entry £15)
- Juniors: £8 per seat per race (late entry £13)
- Geoff Sanders races: £5 (late entry £10)
All entries and payment via the Race Entries system.
Deadline 11pm Tuesday 21st June. Late entry deadline 5pm Friday 24th June. There are no entries on the day.
Entrants must be members of British Canoeing. BC day tickets may be purchased for divisions 7-9 only (£5).
Any problems / changes to entries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry fees include light refreshments for competitors directly after their race. Other food and refreshments are for sale to all others during the whole event. 50p off hot drinks if you bring a re-usable cup!
Notes to Competitors
- Buoyancy aids are compulsory for all Geoff Sanders competitors, as well as division 7, 8 and 9 paddlers whether they are racing in those divisions or higher divisions.
- Team leaders should decide if paddlers under 16 years of age in higher divisions should wear a buoyancy aid.
- The race organiser has the final say on who has to wear a buoyancy aid.
- Team Leaders are responsible for ensuring that paddlers are properly equipped having taken into account the paddler’s health, fitness, capability, the course, the prevailing conditions and other risks associated with this race.
- The race will be run in accordance with British Canoeing's Marathon Racing Committee rules.
- Vertical number plates will be provided.
- It is likely that paddlers will encounter other craft on the river. Rules of the river must be observed when racing – keep right.
- Competitors must render their boats sufficiently buoyant to remain afloat and to support the crew in rough water in the event of capsize. No boat will be deemed to be sufficiently buoyant purely as a result of its construction (e.g. vac bagged/ sandwich or other construction) to fulfil this requirement, additional buoyancy will be required in the form of foam, air bags and/or sealed bulkheads.
- During the course of a competition any Items discarded by a competitor anywhere other than in a proper bin, must be recovered by the athlete, their support crew or coach immediately. It is the athlete’s responsibility to ensure that this has happened. An event official witnessing non-compliance with this rule shall report the infringement to the race organiser and the offending competitor will be disqualified from the competition.
- Falcon Boat Club and its nominated officials cannot be held responsible for any loss of life, injury or damage to equipment however caused.
- You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.
- Falcon Boat Club considers the ISIS Flag system, and the Environment Agency Thames conditions; if the level of the river is judged to be too high or flow too strong, the race will be cancelled. See http://www.ourcs.org.uk/safety/rcond &
- http://riverconditions.environment-agency.gov.uk/ for more details. In the case that the race has to be cancelled (due to weather conditions etc) this information will be published on the Falcon website at the earliest opportunity.
- Any disputes over race results must be made by the team leader within 1 hour of the results being published.
- Hasler Divisional Races
- Division 2 Singles
- Division 3 Singles
- Division 4 Singles
- Division 5 Singles
- Division 6 Singles
- Division 7 Singles
- Division 8 Singles
- Division 9 Singles
- Division 2 Doubles
- Division 1 Singles
- Division 3 Doubles
- Division 4 Doubles
- Division 5 Doubles
- Division 6 Doubles
- Division 7 Doubles
- Division 8 Doubles
- Division 9 Doubles
- Geoff Sanders Series K1 Races
- Geoff Sanders Division A
- Geoff Sanders Division B
- Geoff Sanders Division C
- Geoff Sanders Series K2 Races
- Geoff Sanders K2 Open
- Geoff Sanders K2 Mini
Entries are currently closed
- Entries open
- 1 Jun 2022, midnight
- Late entries
- 21 Jun 2022, 11 p.m.
- Entries close
- 24 Jun 2022, 5 p.m.